I have a confession to make, guys. You’ve been reading this blog for awhile, I’m hoping, and from that, you’ve probably gathered that I’m awesome at everything. I’m like the hypothetical child of Beyonce and Albert Einstein. You’ve probably read my posts and wondered if there is anything I’m bad at.
Here’s my confession: There actually are some things I’m bad at.
I know, I know. It’s a shocker.
Today, I’m going to let you into my skeleton-filled closet and share with you 10 things that I am actually awful at.
1. Taking life as it comes. I am such a planner, at times painfully so. I hate not knowing what is going to happen next. I can’t even relax and get a pedicure without asking “What are you doing that for? What is that? What are you doing next?” Sometimes I annoy myself with my own questions.
2. Walking without falling. A lot of girls like to say that they’re “clumsy” because they think boys think it’s cute or something, but trust me, I’d take grace for clumsiness any day. I feel like I’ve probably mentioned this somewhere on the blog before, but one time I fell face-first down an escalator. This gives you an indication of how pathetic I am at the basic human function of walking.
3. Controlling my sass. I don’t think much of it, but I’m sure some people that meet me are wondering what my deal is. I grew up in a household where sass is part of everyday life, and so it’s hard for me to have serious and non-sassy conversations with other human beings.
4. Buying clothes I actually like. I am notorious for buying clothes that I later dislike. It is so bad that Brandon discourages me from going shopping unless I take my sister. “No, Taylor. You are not getting another coral jacket.” – My sister.
5. Bowling. I have my own technique, which Brandon refers to as the twinkle-toe technique. It is ugly and noisy (I basically drop the bowling ball onto the lane) and 90% of the time highly inefficient.
6. Choosing what to wear in the morning. I usually try on three things or more before I choose something to wear for the day, and half the time I’m still feeling indecisive even when I walk out the door.
7. Keeping track of TV show characters/plots. For those of you that have seen House of Cards, I constantly got the prostitute confused with Russo’s girlfriend. For those of you that haven’t seen the show, they literally look nothing alike. This means that Brandon usually has to walk me through most TV plots. I’m sure he’s excited that he’s going to spend the next 70 years of his life saying things like “No, that’s not the prostitute” and “Did you even watch the first half of the show?” Sorry.
8. Limiting my coffee/tea intake. I am a Starbucks addict. Of course you already know this, and if you don’t, you probably haven’t read my blog before. I talk about it all the time. I need to work on self-control before I gain 50 pounds or become irreversibly addicted to caffeine, but as of yet I’m still obsessed.
9. Going to bed/waking up at age-appropriate times. I’ve been known to be an old person when it comes to my bedtime. I go to bed around 10ish, sometimes earlier, and cannot sleep in past like 8am on a normal day. This will probably be a blessing later when I’m working a 9-5 job, but right now it makes evening social events inconvenient and also garners a lot of sass from Brandon/my family.
10. Believing in myself. In all seriousness, I’m awful at this. I sell myself short much too often, and worry way too much. If I stopped comparing myself to Beyonce, that would probably help. I’m just speculating though.
What are you awful at?