Having blogged consistently now for almost five months, I feel like I can call myself a “blogger.” As I’ve learned more about blogging and met other bloggers, I’ve gotten a sense of some of the funny quirks of the art.
You know you’re a blogger when:
1. You take pictures of every major life event “for the blog.”
2. You’ve gotten in the habit of calling your significant other some sort of mysterious pseudonym like “the man.”
3. In conversations, you sometimes start sentences with “You might have seen it on my blog but…”
4. You know the difference between “roflcopter” and “rafflecopter.”
5. When you hear “Passionfruit,” you don’t actually think of fruit.
6. You pay to have a big clickable picture of your face on someone else’s website. No one else thinks this is weird.
7. Your “leisure” reading consists of HTML how-to’s.
8. Buying new products of any sort makes you really excited because you can write about them later.
9. People ask you why you use social media so much and you get defensive.
It’s a funny thing, being a blogger. Literally just writing about your life and putting it up for the world to see. But I guess it’s interesting to someone…you’re reading this, aren’t you? 🙂 If you’re a blogger, can you relate?