1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high-end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
Now I’m more of a loose powder person, but I used to love Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. It covers super well and doesn’t make you break out, which was usually my problem with foundation. As far as high end, I have to say BareMinerals Original Foundation. I’ve been using it for about two years now and I am in love. It’s light, has SPF, and makes my skin look airbrushed. Expensive but so so worth it. It also lasts for basically forever. I’ve only bought new foundation once in the two years I’ve been using it.
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I definitely wouldn’t say anything. I’m not confrontational and so the last thing I’d want is the woman thinking I was judging her or something. If this lady is giving me a job, she can wear lipstick on her forehead if she wants! I wouldn’t comment.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
I own one lipstick, Lipstick Queen in Saint Scarlet Red. It’s the only lipstick I’ve ever owned, and after I bought it I wore it around my apartment all afternoon while staring at myself in the mirror. So that goes to show how much I’m a fan. I like that each “Saint” lipstick in the line is sheerer and comes with a “Sinner” counterpart that’s darker and more pigmented.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I’d have chopped off the weird layers I had around my face that I kinda tried to pretend were bangs, and I would have ditched the liquid foundation much earlier; I think I wore it too thick and didn’t add blush or anything, giving my face zero color.
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mom hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
I don’t even know what a Pixie Lott hair cut is/who that is, but I would probably end up doing A. I’m so non-confrontational that it’s not funny. I would be too afraid to say a thing. Thank goodness my mom owns a salon and spa so I can avoid bad haircuts entirely.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4-day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
I don’t have a “do it all” palette, is that bad? That’s probably bad. But my favorite eyeshadow palette for any occasion is my Covergirl Eye Enhancer 3-Kit Shadow in Shimmering Sands. I really want to get into MAC or other high-quality shadows eventually but I haven’t gotten around to it. This one is great though. It’s subtle but adds some dimension to my eyes. I wear it basically every day.
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
All of my BareMinerals stuff. I seriously love it.
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
See answers above that involve confronting people – I don’t do it! I’d probably just act like I hadn’t noticed, but wouldn’t lend my makeup to them again.
That was fun! I’m passing it on now – share your makeup must-haves! Here are the lucky bloggers I’ve tagged:
Ashlee from Dearie Lovie
Alice from Dalabooh
Raphaela from Tiny Girl, Big Dreams
Vanessa from A City Girl’s Guide to Life
Amanda from Brunette With A Bow
Amie from Aims’ Obsession
Melissa from Lulu & Sweet Pea
What’s your favorite beauty product?